Hotel built in 1991, Last complete renovation 2002, Number of floors 5, Total number of rooms 212, Number of suites (separate rooms) 9, Earliest check-in 16:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Hotel, City hotel, No-smoking room 212
181 Church Street, 29401 Charleston, United States of America
- City centre (Charleston) 0.55 km
- Airport (Charleston Air Force Base-International Airport (CHS)) 16.62 km
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
Accepted payment methods
- Secure parking
- Security patrolled car park
- Restaurant(s) 3
- Fitness room
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Fitness centre
- Door with security lock in 0 rooms
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Parking areas patrolled
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Coffee machine/tea-maker
- Iron + ironing board
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Pets permitted
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Classic concierge service
- Express check-out
- Business center
- Laundry service
Evaluations of Doubletree by Hilton Charleston -Historic Distric
Good location in historic district of Charleston
Rooms are a little outdated and bathroom is small for such an otherwise nice sized suite.
the downtown location is very nice and the hotel does have a very nice court yard and restaurant.
furniture and room decor is very dated and couch was stained. Outside noise was very loud in the room at night and when the street sweeper came by. Valet charge of $22 per night is too high.
Location, size of rooms
Breakfast starts at 7am exactly which makes it difficult for most business people. When we came in at 6:55am we were scolded by the staff for being too early.
Ideal location downtown
Noise from the street, noise from the other rooms, phone wasn't working, safe in the room was still locked on the 1st day, woke up by the staff for making the room, organization of breakfast can be improved (dish or coffee not directly available)
The Doubletree hotel location is excellent. The service by everyone was quite good, especially the valets and at check in.
Breakfast started too late at 7am. For those who need to work it's difficult to get to meetings on time. WiFi was very expensive. It should be free.
Great location in the downtown area where there are many restaurants within walking distance
Have to valet park the car.
Very good place to stay for business. Many restaurants within walking distance. Nice atmosphere to relax in.
Have to use valet for parking, but have unlimited in/outs in 24 hours.
very stylisch and typical hotel with extremely friendly staff and good breakfast.
Hotel staff worked with me to help change my room from smoking to non-smoking. They tried to accommodate me as best as possible.
Was given a smoking room, when requested non-smoking. The hotel was booked for those dates, but there was no feedback as to whether the room was smoking or non-smoking to me.