Hotel built in 1962, Last complete renovation 2013, Number of floors 9, Total number of rooms 315, Number of suites (separate rooms) 27, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel
160 Ted Turner Dr NW, 30303 Atlanta, United States of America
- Station (Atlanta - Amtrak Station) 4.47 km
- City centre (Atlantic City ) 1.25 km
- Airport (Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)) 14.09 km
The hotel is centrally situated within close vicinity to Georgia Aquarium, Georgia State Capitol and the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial (all within a radius of 3 km). Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is located 20 kilometres away.
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
Accepted payment methods
- Secure parking
- Restaurant(s) 2
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Fitness room
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Security guards
- Fitness centre
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Parking areas patrolled
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Telephone on the desk
- Coffee machine/tea-maker
- Iron + ironing board
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Express check-out
- Business center
- Laundry service
Evaluations of The American Hotel Atlanta Downtown - a DoubleTree by Hilton
Somewhat new refurbishment. Close to chain resturants and downtown activities.
Parking a hassle or expensive.
Located in downtown close to Centennial Park, World of Coke museum, CNN Headquarters and Aquarium. Some restaurants in the area
Small hotel relatively with limited offer. Parking fee of 28$/day is not cheap.. and w/o a car you can't do a lot as public transportation is limited. Pool a bit small compared to the number of rooms Almost no shops and limited nightlife in the area.
wireless internet was a disaster - every time I tried to connect from room it took a call to tech support to resolve Had to use wireless in lobby
Fairly new hotel in Downtown Atlanta, I got upgraded to 9th floor //
It's downtown, and I got really lost in the middle of the night finding the place. It's not freestanding, as the picture might suggest // it is downtown so you almost HAVE to valet your car for the hefty $25 // was also disappointed that the Marriott rewards lounge was closed from friday afternoon until monday morning.
Quiet room, good quality breakfast buffet
Overbight valet parking for 25$ is not a bargain, and 8$ charge for receiving a small package from UPS is also a surprise on the bill.
the hip hop music they were playing in the Restaurant was extremely annoying and way too loud. Also the toilet wouldn't flush the first time I used it.
I found the staff to be attentive and professional - each one made eye contact
Very central, parking round the corner