Hotel built in 2004, Total number of rooms 454, Number of single rooms 0, Number of double rooms 454, Number of rooms with air conditioning 454, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, child-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 407, Mandarin speaking staff during the day, Renovation work planned 2014-06-01, to 2014-09-30, in area other
387-397 Queens Road East Wan Chai, Hongkong, China
- Station (Hong Kong - Hung Hom Railway Station) 3.19 km
- City centre (HongKong) 0.61 km
- Airport (Chek Lap Kok International Airport (HKG)) 27.42 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- China UnionPay credit card
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 500 HKD
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 06:30.00 until 22:45.00
- Hotel bar
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Automatic emergency wake-up alarm
- Security guards
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Hotel restaurant menu in Mandarin
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Telephone by the bed
- Room safe
- Centrally controlled air conditioning
- Make-up mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Water boiler in room
- Free tea supplies in room
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Shuttle service to the central station Fee 0 HKD
- Business center
- Sightseeing tours
- Laundry service
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Personal shuttle service from next railway station
- Personal shuttle service to next railway station
- Pets not allowed
- Limousine service
- Local map and destination/city information in Mandarin
- Adaptor for Chinese/US plugs
Evaluations of Dorsett Wanchai Formerly Cosmopolitan Hotel
Breakfast buffet is very good.
nothing in particular
Clean rooms, nice staff - charged me for one night even tough I had late check out at 5pm
room smaller than expected - reviews say rooms big for HK, but perhaps it was the one I was allocated, the room was the size of a double bed + small desk. I saw the room across from me was more 'normal' size but I don't know if it was a different class room
difficult to take taxi
noise outisde the room in hotel.
Staff v.good. Room v.good, modern.
A little out of the center but for the price very good, metro is just some minutes walk away.
Staff at reception not polite, not knowing what to do. Since my wife and I arrived at different times, we did 2 ´´check-ins´´. Staff made us pay twice deposit. When argued, they said they've not charged enough deposit, whem ny wife made the check-in???
Room itself was very comfortable and not too far from Times Square so good for shopping.
I used free shuttle bus service from Hong Kong station but the bus driver wasn't really helpful for non-Chinese speaking traveler. I have asked whether I can wait in the bus or inside, but the driver started shouting at me pointing the clock explaining something. I was sorry that I couldn't speak Chinese but felt it could be helpful to give English guidance whether to wait inside, or outside, and when I should get in the car. He never come to inside and asks for anyone waiting for the ride.
good price for prime location
Regular hotel shuttle service to a variety of shopping/MTR areas. Generally helpful front desk staff, and always friendly housekeeping staff. The bellboys staffing the driveway were very helpful in bringing in taxis and translating intstructions to the taxi drivers. The room was clean and well-maintained.
Small room, but consistent with expectations. In order to use the hotel computers with internet access, one must buy internet time in 1 hour increments, which can lead to paying for much more time than one actually needs. Had problems connecting to the internet, and it took about 30 minutes to finally get it sorted out.