Hotel built in 1992, Last complete renovation 2021, Number of floors 7, Total number of rooms 276, Number of single rooms 147, Number of double rooms 129, Number of suites (separate rooms) 18, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking room 276, Renovation work planned 2020-08-30, to 2020-12-22, in area restaurant, Renovation work planned 2020-08-30, to 2020-12-22, in area lobby
Avenida Rius I Taulet, 1-3, 8004 Barcelona, Spain
- Station (Barcelona - Sants Railway Station) 1.38 km
- City centre (Barcelona) 2.5 km
- Airport (Barcelona International Airport (BCN)) 10.57 km
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
Accepted payment methods
- Hotel-owned car park
- Marked disabled parking space
- Restaurant(s) 4
- Hotel bar
- Outdoor swimming pool
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Fitness centre
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025
- Satellite TV
- Telephone on the desk
- Fax connection
- Room safe
- Coffee machine/tea-maker
- Iron + ironing board
- Temperature controls
- Bathroom with bathtub
- DSL/broadband Internet access
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Ice machine
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Classic concierge service
- Porter service
- Free daily newspapers
- Business center
- Laundry service
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Crowne Plaza BARCELONA - FIRA CENTER
This hotel should be on SAPs preferred hotel list in Barcelona. Excellent accommodations and service.
My only negative is in the middle of the stay housekeeping removed some coin I had sitting beside the bed. Lesson to me to not leave it out as I am sure it was mistaken for a tip. Staff should know that a tip is left on the last day of stay
Pleasent atmosphere, good location, well appointed rooms, shower was outstanding. Gym and pool looked good but didn't get time to use them.
Only 30 minutes of free internet access (not as advertised). Also, buying internet time for 24 hours in a continuous session made the cost per minute used high. Bar prices for drinks and food were high by comparison with other hotels of a similar standard.
This hotel is very close to metro ´´espanya´´, which has good connection to all the city.
(1) large room size of 42 m2 (approx. 450 square feet) // (2) quality bathroom and bed // (3) free internet in lobby and downstairs (6 computers) // (4) nice wellness/fitness center (swimming pool, sauna, 3 fitness rooms with broad spectrum of workout equipment) // (5) great restaurants nearby // For further positive comments, see our review of Fira Palace Hotel entitled ´´Fira Palace Hotel is an Excellent Hotel Providing Excellent Value!´´ at www.tripadvisor.com under member name ´´TravellersSPB´´.
(1) cost of breakfast (18 EUR or approx. $ 26)is exhorbitant - hotel needs either to include breakfast in the price of the room, or give a significant discount on breakfast to hotel guests, or give a significant discount to hotel guests that are staying for a longer period of time (i.e., 7 nights or more, for example) // (2) drinks in piano bar were expensive, including basic coffee and tea //
The hotel was well located for many of the main sights of Barcelona, and we enjoyed a pleasant 20 minute walk to the Rambla district, instead of taking the metro, which is closeby.
Very large room and nicely equiped bath
Very stiff beds