Last partial renovation 2014, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 34, Number of single rooms 7, Number of double rooms 27, of which have 2 separate beds 27, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 10:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Hostel/Youth hostel, Youth hostel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 34, Children's beds/cots 1
Glinkastraße 5-7, 10117 Berlin, Germany
- Station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof) 1.9 km
- City centre (Berlin) 0.82 km
- Airport (Berlin-Tegel International Airport (TXL)) 8.57 km
- Highway (A103 - Abzweig Zehlendorf - Sachsendamm) 4.24 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 2 EUR
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 10 EUR
- Hotel bar
- Garden terrace
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- Video surveillance of hallways
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Halal food available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Guest room doors self closing
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Chopsticks in hotel restaurant
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- Windows for opening
- Bathroom with shower
- Plan of emergency exits
- Water boiler in room
- Chinese instant noodles in mini bar
- Hotel safe
- Vending machine for beverages
- Ice machine
- Washing machine for guests
- WLAN in room
- Pets not allowed
- Adaptor for Chinese/US plugs
Evaluations of Cityhostel Berlin
The location. It would be difficult to imagine a better choice. It // s a few minutes walk from the Brandenburg, from Potsdamer Platz, from Checkpoint Charlie, from Hitler's Bunker, and from Unter de Linden.The staff is friendly and helpful.
The walls are thin and the clientele far from quiet. Our room had a share toilet (but its own shower), and the cleaning staff took quite a while to deal with ´´issues´´ in the community toilet.
Could hear people next door talk as if they were inside my room. No big deal, however, all things considered.
The hotel itself is safe and clean, and the rooms are spacious and well equipped.
The breakfast is disappointing. Paying 5 euros for a bit of cheese and meat is ridiculous when Berlin has so much more to offer in the way of breakfast restaurants! I'd recommend skipping the hostel breakfast and checking out one of the amazing eateries out there.
Considering the price, rooms are perfectly alright.
Most staff members were quite unfriendly and breakfast was a bit disappointing.
Excellent place to stay. Do not be detered by the word ´´hostel´´, the rooms were as nice as many hotels we stayed through out the country. The breakfast is a buffet style and was great.
Hotel is central situated // the important sightseeing points and Museuminsel could be easily reached by foot. The two-storey beds in the room, reminding from the student camp time, were clean and comfortable for 3 night sleeping. Breakfast was reach and quality OK. In conclusion, a good value for money!
The majority of guests were foreign students on holiday. So, in the neighbour rooms and on the corridor was quite noisy until midnight. Some of the inventory need refurbishment (see wall lamps, toilet cover).
location ! price ! staff !
sorry, nothing :-)
Good location. Just next to the U2 subway station. Reasonable quality of breakfast
It is just a hostel. Don't expect any hotel services. It is somewhat noisy as the wall and door seems to be not thick and solid enough.
The hotel was ideal for our purpose -- a place to sleep and re-group during a whirlwind tour.