Hotel built in 1890, Last partial renovation 2005, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 77, Number of single rooms 21, Number of double rooms 51, of which have 2 separate beds 8, of which have a double bed 41, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 7, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 1, Number of suites (separate rooms) 2, Number of junior suites 0, Number of rooms with air conditioning 60, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Renovation work planned 2006-01-09, to 2006-02-01, English-speaking staff available during the day, Number of luxury rooms 30, Number of business rooms 45, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, family-run hotel, Family hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, VARTA certified business hotel 24695, No-smoking room 68, Children's beds/cots 2, Extra-long (over 2m) beds in 22 rooms, DEHOGA Rating 3, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2019-11-22
Juliuspromenade 5, 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
- Station (Würzburg Hauptbahnhof) 0.76 km
- City centre (Würzburg) 0.3 km
- Airport (Nuremberg Airport (NUE)) 88.45 km
- Highway (A3 - Würzburg-Heidingsfeld) 4.92 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0,00 EUR
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 8,00 EUR
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Coach parking space at hotel
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 11:00.00 until 14:00.00 and from 17:00 until 00:00.00 Closed tuesday
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Fee per day 0,00 EUR
- WLAN operator T-Mobile
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Emergency exits for each floor
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0,00 EUR Cost per day 0,00 EUR Provider T-Mobile Hot Spot
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Seating area
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Fridge in 75 rooms
- Temperature controls in 60 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV with international news channel
- Additional seating option in bathroom
- Hotel safe
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of City Partner Hotel Strauss
Very friendly hotel staff
It is impossible to sleep with open window due to noise of laud students that make party on the street all nights long
Very noisy, heard the TV in the next room like it was in the room.
This hotel is in a great location in the middle of town // it is staffed overnight which is very useful, so you dont have to remember your key or rush back before it closes. The night porter is especially helpful.
Even rooms on the side street ´´Gasse´´ are noisy, and since this hotel does not have air conditioning (a minus in itself) windows must be open on hot summer nights and you will hear this noise. Bring earplugs or go somewhere else, preferably where you can find A/C. I stayed at another hotel in town which was suffocatingly hot, and at least this was a bit cooler than that. Noisy though.
Air con not working TV remote not working Water runs hot, cold, warm, whatever...
Unfriendly staff at reception desk.
Excellent stay - great price, great location, plain facilities, extremely helpful staff... wholeheartedly recommend.
Limited parking (hint: if you stay Sat. night/Sun. Morning - parking on the street is for free).
Staff was very friendly & helpful.
Did not offer a free breakfast.
Lifts. Staff willing to help with public transport to sites
Some staff unwilling to speak English, which was quite unhelpful. They did when pushed speak English. To be fair it was only one person in partuclar and she was in charge of the desk. which made it more pronounced