Style of hotel and ambience
The charming city Hotel Charlemagne in Lyon welcomes its guests into a quiet atmosphere. Spacious, appealingly decorated rooms guarantee a pleasant stay. Modern amenities like Wi-Fi are provided. Traditional Lyonese cuisine is served in the restaurant La Bibliothèque.
Hotel built in 1972, Last partial renovation 2013, Number of floors 14, Total number of rooms 117, Number of single rooms 117, Number of double rooms 117, of which have 2 separate beds 63, of which have a double bed 53, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 4, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 4, Number of rooms with air conditioning 117, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, City hotel, Station hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking room 117, Family rooms available 4
23, cours Charlemagne, 69002 Lyon, France
- Station (Lyon - Perrache Railway Station) 0.34 km
- City centre (Lyon) 2.49 km
- Airport (Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport (LYS)) 20.86 km
- Highway 0.1 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 3-minute walk away
- Secure parking
- Security patrolled car park
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 19:30.00 until 21:30.00 Closed saturday,sunday
- Hotel bar
- Garden terrace
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Automatic emergency wake-up alarm
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Seating area
- Telephone by the bed
- Coffee machine/tea-maker in 70 rooms
- Temperature controls
- Individually controlled ventilation
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV with international news channel
- Pets permitted Fee per day 10 EUR
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Free daily newspapers
- Laundry service
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- Late check-out (until 3pm local time)
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Hôtel Charlemagne
- there is a supermarket in the proximity of the hotel - the hotel is close to the train station - old city center is 20-25 minutes away by foot
The friendliness of people, the global place, the quietness.
The size of the room (a little bit too little for a 4-star hotel), the error when billing (breakfast was enclosed in the booking price and I had the bad surprise to find it on the bill, but I was refunded consequently)
Room Was small
Near the center. Friendly hotel staff.
Friendliness of the staff. Courtesy Good Wi-fi
However I had a confirmed booking, the hotel was fully booked and provided an alternative only after long discussions. The failure was either not to be identified or not clearly communicated.
Short distance to the city centre. Easy access to all kinds of public transport. Simple but clean room.
Bit noisy due to busy road in front of the hotel.
rooms not cleaned when we arrive.
For 80 € breakfast included I think that this was an excellent price/performance ratio, + the hotel is really well located with easy access to trains, tramways, and the lovely ´´Velov´´ (Lyon bikes to rent and drop where you want).
Do not expect a flat, rooms are not so spacious but that's largely enough !