Hotel built in 1900, Last partial renovation 2017, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 33, Number of single rooms 8, Number of double rooms 25, of which have 2 separate beds 5, of which have a double bed 20, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 3, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 2, Rooms with connecting door 0, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned at weekends from 07:00, to 18:00, Reception manned from 07:00, to 18:00, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 10:30, English-speaking staff available during the day, Bed-and-breakfast hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair hotel, Boutique hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, family-run hotel, Family hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, Hiking hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 33, Children's beds/cots 1
Promenadestr. 3, 96047 Bamberg, Germany
- Station (Bamberg Bahnhof) 1.07 km
- City centre (Bamberg) 0.48 km
- Airport (Nuremberg Airport (NUE)) 45.6 km
- Highway (A73 - Bamberg Süd) 0.0 km
The hotel Central is situated in the heart of Bamberg, at the edge of the pedestrian zone. The location near the city centre and the traffic junctions such as the central bus station makes the hotel an ideal starting point for exploring the World Cultural Heritage city of Bamberg.
7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Car park is a 3-minute walk away
- Marked disabled parking space
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Garden terrace
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR Fee per day 0 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- WLAN operator Kabel Deutschland
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Wholefood available
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone on the desk
- Windows for opening
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Hotel safe
- Vending machine for beverages
- Gift vouchers available for Übernachtung/F
- Laundry service
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of Central
The location of hotel is quite close to oldcity where everything is happening during day and night.
There is a huge Mall construction just beside the Hotel, they construction starts at 6 30 in the morning and there are no chance to sleep further. The construction site lights on the huge projectors with automatically wakes you up. The room facility is really restricted, not clean and comfortable. The first moment I entered my room, I realized with that construction site I cannot sleep or rest, so applied to reception to cancel out my reservation, however unfriendly reception urged me to pay 80% of total reservation fee, not helpful at all. In conclusion, I would never ever stay in this hotel in future.
Staff is very friendly. Breakfast is diverse and nicely prepared, certainly a very good value for the 5 EUR. Rooms are new and nicely renovated.
Everything was OK. Room was clean and quiet in the night. Breakfast was tasty.
A very good location and friendly staff. The breakfast is very adequate. The rooms are clean and well equipped. We enjoyed the balcony (higher floors have a nice view). Definitely a good value in Bamberg.
Wifi was spotty at best.
Lovely and well located. Friendly greeting and helpful when providing information.
the hotel location is very convenient.
the internet speed is slow
Great breakfast in a beautiful setting! The room was very nice, with a terrace and very nice bathroom. The shower head(s) were wonderful!
Very central, free wi-fi, economical, clean, fair breakfast included in price
Breakfast was nice, especially having it on the deck / veranda.
Room too hot to sleep with window closed // road VERY noisy, so opening the windows not an option either. I hardly slept, which did not help with the rather important appointment I had the next day. Was also surprised that it was not possible for me to iron my shirt on the premises, had to walk into town for this. Make sure you get a room at the back of the building, especially on a hot day!
Really good location, price is very good. The rooms are a little odd.