Style of hotel and ambience
Experience Cuban hospitality at the family-run hotel Casa Miriam. You're guaranteed restful nights here in practically furnished rooms. A sumptuous breakfast in the morning will provide you with plenty of energy for your activities. At your request, your host family will be glad to serve you Creole and international dishes later on in the day as well.
Special features of the hotel
The hosta maintains colonial original structure.It was built by a rich cigar trade man in 1883.The huge windows and high wooden sealings are caratheristics that make us a beautiful and small cozy hostal.From our balconies you can see famous Havana Pier. TO CONFIRM BOOKING SEND FLIGHT DETAILS.Airport pick up service offered for 30cuc 24 HOURS. If already in Cuba contact us by phone OR EMAIL. CREDIT CARD DETAILS ARE ASKED JUST TO CONFIRM THE ROOM. ONLY IN CASE OF NO SHOW OR LATE CANCELATION WOULD BE CHARGE. ALL THE PAYMENTS ARE DONE ONLY IN CASH AFTER ARRIVAL. CHECK YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT HOSTEL very IMPORTANT!!!!
Hotel built in 1883, Last complete renovation 2009, Last partial renovation 2009, Number of floors 2, Total number of rooms 3, Number of single rooms 1, Number of double rooms 2, of which have 2 separate beds 2, of which have a double bed 2, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 2, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 1, Number of rooms with air conditioning 3, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hostel, City hotel, Art/design hotel, Boutique hotel, Holiday hotel, family-run hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family hotel, Women's hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, No-smoking room 3, Family rooms available 2, Children's beds/cots 1
Lealtad 206, First Floor (entre Virtudes y Concordia), 10200 La Habana, Cuba
- Station 1.0 km
- City centre (La Habana) 0.0 km
- Airport (José Martí International Airport (HAV)) 17.19 km
- Highway 0.0 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Credit cards are not accepted
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 0,00 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 5-minute walk away
- Secure parking
- Security patrolled car park
- Garage is a 5-minute walk away
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 08:30.00 until 10:30.00 and from 06:00 until 10:00.00
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Garden terrace
- Security guards
- Mobile phone reception
- Door with security lock in 1 rooms
- Breakfast from 07:15 o'clock to 10:30 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Diabetic food available
- Senior Comfort suitable food service
- Various main meals available for half or full board
- All meals also available as small portions (reduced price)
- Easy-to-read menu (font at least Arial 12)
- Table service
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Parking areas patrolled
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Emergency back-up generators
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Room safe
- Fridge in 3 rooms
- Temperature controls in 3 rooms
- Individually controlled ventilation in 3 rooms
- Ceiling fan in 3 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- TV with international news channel
- Additional seating option in bathroom
- Hotel safe
- Ice machine
- Meets ISO 14001 environmental management standard
- Shuttle service to the central station Fee 8 EUR
- Shuttle service to the airport Fee 25 EUR
- Laundry service
- Domestic landline phone calls
- Towels changed every 2 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 3 day(s)
- Room service
- Medical service
- Chemist and doctor can be contacted via reception
- Excursion offers, e.g. for day trips or other excursions which can be run either unescorted or for groups
- Information material about the hotel, region and local events
- Adaptor for Chinese/US plugs
Evaluations of Casa Miriam Hostal Colonial
i booked for casa miriam but they put me in a different one wihtout telling me before (and it was after midnight when i arrived in a casa without anyone speaking english) the woman in the new casa was very nice but still...
Very friendly staff. Clean internal environment-room including linens, bath/toilet. Within walking distance (15-20mins) to many of major sights and activities. Well preserved historical building
Total rip off..located in a noisy and bad area, third floor not first as they say, they want payment In euros or 40CUC..too expensive
Very helpful owners who stored our luggage for us. A character filled building with great charm.
Hot water was variable. Not the best neighbourhood as it was a very hot walk back from the centre of town. Breakfast was odd with artificial cream cake and dry bread.
Fairly central, reasonably priced, beautiful buildings around , very close to Malecon,
First night we were placed in a room downstairs, on a dirty bedding, horrible mattresses, with no windows, with diesel smoke coming through the door in the morning. No credit cards , you need to pay in euros but we paid in CUC but with very bad rate.
Best shower we had in Cuba! A very pleasant sitting space to watch the street views unfolding. Clean rooms, pleasant and helpful hosts.
Mattress was lumpy, and twin beds pushed together does not equal a double bed.
Good security, a member of the family was always available, safebox & fridge in room, comfortable firm beds. Great coffee. It was a relief to be able to leave our backpacks with the family after miday check-out as flights to England via Europe are late evening and you don't want to lug bags around in the heat for hours. Heraldo and his daughter Yally speak English and helpfully arranged a taxi to the airport (Yally's husband) and phoned up to confirm our flights as our Spanish is weak. 5-10 minutes walk to Parc Central, ATM's and Vieja etc and just around the corner from La Guarida - Havanas best restaurant, honestly, just make a reservation, you won'y regret it - Smoked Marlin taco starters, chateau Briand, watermelon, gazpacho with shrimp & frozen strawberry starters...YUM! Very atmospheric place. Also, Restarant Asturia Gastropole is only short walk along Malecon at #107 which has great grill downstairs, fine dining upstairs and a great cake shop in the middle. Excellent pork ribs and seafood platters.
The Centro location is good for the main roads and the Malecon but at night time but we got taxi's back which was a safer option as their street lighting isn't everywhere but nothing really to worry about. We're not big breakfast eaters so only had it once - it's the same continental type as everywhere else in Cuba although there is plenty of it and the coffee is damn good.