Hotel built in 1840, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 46, Number of single rooms 0, Number of double rooms 42, of which have 2 separate beds 24, of which have a double bed 18, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 0, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 0, Rooms with connecting door 0, Number of suites (separate rooms) 0, Number of junior suites 0, Number of apartments 0, Number of rooms with air conditioning 0, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Number of luxury rooms 0, Number of business rooms 9, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Boutique hotel, family-run hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family hotel, No-smoking hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 46, Hypoallergenic rooms 1, Family rooms available 4, Children's beds/cots 2, Extra-long (over 2m) beds in 0 rooms
70-72 Grove Street, EH3 8AP Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Station (Edinburgh - Waverley Railway Station) 1.65 km
- City centre (Edinburg) 1.67 km
- Airport (Edinburgh Airport (EDI)) 10.07 km
1:00 AM to 1:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
1:00 AM to 1:00 AM
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 14 GBP
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 2-minute walk away
- Secure parking
- Hotel bar
- Garden terrace
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 GBP Fee per day 0 GBP
- Mobile phone reception
- Breakfast from 08:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Guest room doors self closing
- Parking areas patrolled
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 GBP Cost per day 0 GBP
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Telephone by the bed
- Windows for opening
- Bathroom with shower
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Emergency information
- DVD player
- TV with international news channel
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Classic concierge service
- Express check-out
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 2 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 2 day(s)
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of Brooks Hotel Edinburgh
Fantastic location, great value, friendly staff. A lot of ongoing refurbishment so it can only get better. We will be back!
Nice people, very helpful. Price was fair and breakfast was very good.
The hotel needs to be ´´spruced up´´.
Excellent price/quality factor.
Got an icy room, certainly due to a last minute swap This was however a single case.
Superb breakfast- best bacon I ever ate
Quite a central location.
Rooms were dirty and smell a bit musty.
Hotel is very close to Haymarket Railway Station (not evident from description - assume that's for Waverley)
Window latches broken
Very good value indeed for the centre of Edinburgh. Large, clean, room. Excellent DIY breakfast (including cooked food).
The hotel is currently next to a large building site where work starts at 7.30-8am, and this looks like continuing for some months yet. This is fine if you're on that side of the hotel and on business during the week, but might not be appreciated by visiting tourists!