Hotel built in 1900, Last complete renovation 2001, Last partial renovation 2005, Number of floors 2, Total number of rooms 116, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 8, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 3, Rooms with connecting door 1, Number of suites (separate rooms) 1, Number of junior suites 2, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Number of luxury rooms 30, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, child-friendly hotel, Women's hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 4, Hypoallergenic rooms 5, Family rooms available 6, Children's beds/cots 3
340 Wilmslow Road, M14 6AF Manchester, United Kingdom
- Station (Manchester - Oxford Road Railway Station) 4.09 km
- City centre (Manchester) 2.61 km
- Airport (Manchester Airport (MAN)) 10.21 km
- Highway (M60) 2.5 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Travelers' checks
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0,00 GBP
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 5 GBP
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Security patrolled car park
- Parking for women at hotel
- Marked disabled parking space
- Coach parking space at hotel
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 06:30.00 until 22:00.00
- Hotel bar
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Security guards
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0,00 GBP
- Mobile phone reception
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0,00 GBP
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- CD player
- Video machine (VCR)
- Seating area
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Telephone on the desk
- Analogue modem connection in 117 rooms
- Iron + ironing board in 117 rooms
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access
- TV with international news channel
- Pets permitted Fee per day 15 GBP
- Hotel safe
- Ice machine
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Express check-out
- Porter service Cost per item 0,00 GBP
- Secretarial services
- Car rental
- Sightseeing tours
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Room service from 00:00.00 until 23:59.00
Evaluations of Manchester South Hotel Sure Collection by Best Western
The efficiency, customer care and professionalism of the receptionist when we had a problem with our room // she moved us immediately. We were also adequately compensated and upgraded. We will return to this hotel when next in the area.
Tv and internet not working in second room we were given. We were, however once again adequately compensated.
good servce personal
Hotel seems a bit worn down. bathroom had not small amounts of mold around the shower.
room and bed comfortable, public areas comfortable, some booking issues in the group were speedily sorted, WiFi efficient
shower a bit weak!
Was only one towel so shared
Close to lots of resturants and convienent for the customer I visited. It has secure parking and the rooms are functional. We had to stay a second night so got upgraded to a superior room.
The heating was not on when we arrived in the room but this was turned on and warmed up quite quickly.
Room & bathroom very small. No additional facilities (e.g. swim pool). Problems getting Wifi & TV to work (mostly resolved by staff but would be better if worked straight away).
clean and comfortable room. Friendly staff and great breakfast.
This is a convenient hotel for visiting children in university residences.Also, if you pay for secure parking you are able to leave the car at the hotel and take one of the frequent buses into town.
We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times whilst visiting a son at university. However, the rate was very reasonable then and the price/performance ratio excellent.Last weekend with 'Take That' in Manchester and a local festival the rate was double and the hotel was very overpriced.
An excellent experience, with an especially good breakfast.
A pity that the car park was an extra charge.
Comfortable and sensibly arranged bar - tv if you wanted it and somewhere else if you didnt. Excellent girl on front desk
The shower was TINY - I was there on my own but my husband would not have been able to get into it