Style of hotel and ambience
The Baynunah Hotel Drachenfels is a modern hotel with a pleasant atmosphere in Königswinter. It provides several comfortable and tastefully furnished rooms equipped with free Wi-Fi, most of them offering a great view of the Rhine River. A varied breakfast is served in the bright breakfast room of the Drachenfelshotel.
Special features of the hotel
++++Attention: The city of Königswinter charges an overnight stay tax of 5% on the room accommodation rate from 01.07.2016, which needs to be paid by the guests. This tax is NOT INLCUDED in the HRS rates and needs to be paid additionally in the hotel. Business travelers are exempted from this tax when showing an adequate verification (e.g. employer certificate). ++++ 31 out of 33 speciaous and comfortable rooms with view onto the river Rhine. Most convenient connection to conventions, congresses and exhibitions, UN-Campus, German Post and German Telekom 10 parking spaces directly at the hotel, more parking possibilities in the next surrounding (chargeable). Kindly note the breakfast time on weekends (saturdays + sundays) : 08 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Hotel built in 1973, Last complete renovation 2006, Last partial renovation 2015, Number of floors 5, Total number of rooms 33, Number of single rooms 33, Number of double rooms 33, of which have 2 separate beds 33, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 2, Rooms with connecting door 3, Reception manned at weekends from 07:00, to 20:00, Reception manned from 08:00, to 20:00, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Number of luxury rooms 33, Number of business rooms 33, Bed-and-breakfast hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Holiday hotel, family-run hotel, Family hotel, Hiking hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 33, Family rooms available 2, Children's beds/cots 1, DEHOGA Rating 3, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2020-06-30
Rheinallee 9, 53639 Königswinter, Germany
- Station (Bonn Hauptbahnhof) 9.32 km
- City centre (Königswinter) 0.2 km
- Airport (Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN)) 21.62 km
- Highway (A562 - Abzweig Bonn Süd - Bonn Zentrum) 5.55 km
9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0,00 EUR
- Secure parking
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 10 EUR
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Fee per day 0,00 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Halal food available
- Vegetarian food available
- Wholefood available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in guest rooms
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in public areas
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0,00 EUR Cost per day 0,00 EUR
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Seating area
- Separate luggage store
- Fridge in 11 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Pets permitted Fee per day 10 EUR
- Express check-out
- Laundry service
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Baynunah Hotel Drachenfels
Extremely friendly and accommodating staff. Top location in the heart of town. It's amazing they even have a private garage for guests in that central location. There are beautiful views of the Rhein and Drachenfels from many of the rooms.
The carpet in the room was so stained we felt disgusted. There was dust on the desk and other surfaces. Overall, the impression was of an unclean room we didn't feel comfortable in. The mattresses were of very poor quality and outright uncomfortable. Although it's great they have a parking garage for guests, if you have a medium to larger car you can't really park there, for the entrance is extremely narrow and so are the parking spaces.
Easy stay and a very nice breakfast.
- topp Lage im Zentrum
- abgewohnt - wenig Auswahl zum Frühstück - zimmer +Bad teilweise schmutzig
Friendliness of staff is one of positive points in this hotel. Also a good location besides river and near good restaurants and train station.
There is no attendance after 10 PM. If you need to leave early in the morning you can have trouble to check out.
The Drachenfels hotel is in a very convienent location. The staff are helpful and friendly. Our room had a view of both the Drachenfels and Drachenburg and the Rhine river. Our request for additional pillows was granted immediately. We stayed at the hotel for four nights and were very pleased that we had chosen this hotel.
The view of the river. Friendly staff.
- Parking is only free from 19:00 to 8:00. This should be indicated in the description! - Hard to find. the hotel is located on a small street, not as indicated on the Rheinalle! No sign for the hotel, i could not find the hotel even when I was in front of it directly!
Location // view of Drachenfels from our room // friendly reception // parking // good breakfast // price good for Koenigswinter