Hotel built in 1911, Last complete renovation 2014, Last partial renovation 2016, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 21, Number of single rooms 4, Number of double rooms 17, of which have 2 separate beds 4, of which have a double bed 13, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 3, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 1, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned at weekends from 06:00, to 22:00, Reception manned from 06:00, to 22:00, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Bed-and-breakfast hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, family-run hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 21, Children's beds/cots 1, DEHOGA Rating 3, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2020-09-30
Poststr. 4, 79098 Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
- Station (Freiburg (Breisgau) Hauptbahnhof) 0.25 km
- City centre (Freiburg im Breisgau) 0.61 km
- Airport (Zürich Airport (ZRH)) 79.3 km
- Highway (Freiburg-Mitte) 13.69 km
6:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
6:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
- Travelers' checks
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Car park is a 3-minute walk away
- Garage is a 3-minute walk away
- Garden terrace
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0,00 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- Door with spy-hole in 21 rooms
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0,00 EUR
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Telephone on the desk
- Room safe
- Temperature controls in 21 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access in 21 rooms
- TV with international news channel
- Hotel safe
- Free daily newspapers
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Barbara Garni
Nice staff, clean and quiet room, good breakfast.
Location, near the Hbf.
TV in next room was quite loud in my room.
quiet // very friendly accommodating staff // good breakfast sortiment,
Since my family has a lot of luggage, transporting it up several stair flights was an unnecessary chore. Noone was thre to help, and no elevators. Ver hot, no A/C
For a small hotel, I was particularly impressed by the choice and quality of food at breakfast.
No air-conditioning. I've stayed here before and it should be a quiet street but this time there was sometimes noise from both traffic and people late at night. I had to keep a window open because of the hot weather.
excellent value hotel. not 5 star, but for price and proximity to freiburg innenstadt and train station you,ll be hard put to do better.
not much really. no lift-but it only has 3 floors!
It is clean and friendly, and well-located.
The room is small and the bed is tiny. Being a ´´Dachboden´´ room, there is a severe problem of air-flow and heat in it. Even when the window is fully open, air doesn't really come in. Consueqnely, I didn't manage to sleep properly even a single night. For 75 Euro a night, this room is about twice its value.
Comfortable and quiet. Easy and free parking on weekends.