Style of hotel and ambience
The 4-star superior hotel Atlas Grand Hotel in Garmisch-Partenkirchen offers its guests 59 individually furnished rooms and junior suites. They are equipped with shower, bathtub or jacuzzi, massage shower, minibar and TV. The romantic interior of this hotel is completed by a sauna and spa area.
Special features of the hotel
The story of the Atlas Grand Hotel is very long. Even King Louis has stayed here. Come and discover the beauty of this historic building.
Hotel built in 1540, Last complete renovation 2010, Last partial renovation 2002, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 59, Number of single rooms 12, Number of double rooms 47, of which have 2 separate beds 18, of which have a double bed 26, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 5, Number of junior suites 3, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Country hotel, Sport/leisure hotel, Holiday hotel, Health and beauty hotel, family-run hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, Hiking hotel, Winter sports hotel, No-smoking hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, Certified Ski Alpine Hotel, Certified Ski Nordic Hotel, No-smoking room 59, Hypoallergenic rooms 8, Children's beds/cots 4, DEHOGA Rating 4, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2018-08-12
Ludwigstr. 49, 82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
- Station (Garmisch-Partenkirchen Bahnhof) 1.06 km
- City centre (Garmisch-Partenkirchen) 1.86 km
- Airport (Innsbruck Airport (INN)) 31.35 km
- Highway (A95 - Anschluß B2) 11.58 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 5,00 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 2-minute walk away
- Secure parking
- Security patrolled car park
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 5,00 EUR
- Garage is a 2-minute walk away
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 18:00.00 until 22:00.00
- Hotel bar
- Garden terrace
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Sauna Fee 0,00 EUR
- Turkish bath Hourly rate 55,00 EUR
- Fitness room
- Beauty parlor
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- Video surveillance of hallways
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 10:30 o'clock
- Kosher food available
- Halal food available
- Vegetarian food available
- Wholefood available
- Diabetic food available
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Cable TV
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Telephone on the desk
- Room safe
- Fridge in 59 rooms
- Coffee machine/tea-maker in 50 rooms
- Iron + ironing board in 50 rooms
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV in the bathroom
- TV with international news channel
- Complimentary slippers provided in room
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 9,00 EUR
- Pets permitted Fee per day 9,00 EUR
- Hotel safe
- Ice machine
- Meets ISO 14001 environmental management standard
- Changing mat for babies
- Baby monitor available
- Porter service Cost per item 0 EUR
- Free daily newspapers
- Shuttle service to the airport Fee 190 EUR
- Shuttle service to the trade fair Fee 190 EUR
- Car rental
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Welcome drink
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- Free use of the sauna
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 1 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 2 day(s)
- Storeroom for skiing equipment
- Room service from 07:00.00 until 18:00.00
- Evening entertainment
- Limousine service
- Local map and destination/city information in Mandarin
Evaluations of Atlas Grand Hotel Partenkirchen
The staff is very professional,friendly and helpful. The breakfast was superb with plenty of variety.
I requested a twin room (2single beds) but the beds where so small I fell out of bed both nights
Right in the middle of old centre of Partenkirchen which is the silent part of Garmisch-Partenkirchen and some 1 mile from centre of Garmisch.
The hotel and garden needs refurbishment to rightfully claim the 4*standard. It's not possible to park on the compound. Car park in some distance is charged with at least 18 €. Although the hotel accepts dogs it turned out to be a problem as the cleaners refused to entre the room if the dog was in. The hotel and staff seemed unable to fully solve this issue during our stay.
Excellent hotel: friendly staff, good breakfast and mountain views from many rooms.
Super Hotel mit super-super freundlichen Mitarbeitern! Toller Naturpool und Sauna mit Blick! Vielen Dank für die excellente Betreuuung!
I spend too much time in hotels for work, this one was the best hotel experience ever. Super friendly, nice lush gardens with pool, Sauna with Zugspitze view (after having climbed it...) what can you want more?
Nothing, would have loved to stay there
Beautiful hotel. Scenic location.
The swimming pool is now basically a natural pond. Don't expect to go swimming.
awesome hotel, simply beautiful. Great location to everything!
mattress a bit firm for me, but slept on top of comforter and slept fine. brought my own blanket to cover up with, but could probably have requested one as the staff was very accommodating.
I have been visiting this hotel for many years in the past when it was called the Post Hotel. I think the people that took over the hotel did a good job with updating things without losing it's old world charm. I will of course continue my visits to the hotel and would not think of staying anywhere else.
Two things that are not negatives, but just observations. When it was the Post Hotel, they use to make the most wonderful waffles for breakfast, unfortunately that is not the case with the new owners. I missed that. Also because the mattresses are all new, they are hard as rocks, so it took a couple of nights to get use to the hardness of the mattress.
Sehr schönes Hotel, geschmackvolle und großzügige Zimmer. Super Frühstück.