Hotel built in 1960, Last complete renovation 1999, Last partial renovation 2013, Number of floors 5, Total number of rooms 56, Number of single rooms 44, Number of double rooms 10, of which have a double bed 10, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 6, Rooms with connecting door 1, Number of suites (separate rooms) 1, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking room 10, Hypoallergenic rooms 20, Family rooms available 1, Children's beds/cots 4
Hospitalstr. 29, 70174 Stuttgart, Germany
- Station (Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof) 1.09 km
- City centre (Stuttgart) 0.3 km
- Airport (Stuttgart Airport (STR)) 10.3 km
- Highway (A831 - Stuttgart-Vaihingen) 7.75 km
Centrally located in Stuttgart, the Hotel Astoria makes an ideal base for sightseeing. Wander along the famous Königsstraße as far as Schlossplatz. Admire the impressive façade of the New Palace. From there, cross the castle gardens to the famous Staatsgalerie Stuttgart, an art lovers' delight, housing works by such greats as Lucas Cranach and Joseph Beuys.
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 2,50 EUR
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 15,00 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Mobile phone reception
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:30 o'clock
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Guest room doors self closing
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- Cable TV
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Seating area
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 15 EUR
- Vending machine for beverages
- Express check-out
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Beddings changed every 1 day(s)
- Room service from 08:30.00 until 15:30.00
Evaluations of Astoria
This hotel has a good location and had a good breakfast.
Hotel was expensive!, the rooms were not very clean. This hotel is very over priced, even for it's location.
Close to the Stadtmitte Station and to the city centre.
Value for the money. Old furnitures. Cost for the breakfast too high.
arrived in time to grab a space in the car park.( for a few euros , of course !!)
One of the women staff members was very rude. No mini-bar available.
The reception staff let the caller hanging without taking care for long time (Shortage of education). Each time no one seems to be informed of the reason of call (no communication between the staff). The earlier check-out than planned itinerary won't be accepted and no difference cash back possible (no good will).
It's close to downtown
Dirty, old-broken furniture, located in a dark street, unfriendly staff, extremely expensive for the quality and service delivered
The rooms are not in the same entrance with the lobby. Dark entrance. Elevator doesn't work. No support from the reception. Tried to get the payment back and failed. So I booked another hotel and stayed one night.
There should be someone to help with the luggage. Breakfast should be complementary
It is by Stadtmitte train station so the location is very convenient.
Requested non-smoking room, but they did not have any non-smoking room available when I arrived. The hotel is old and smelled funny. Not recommend at all.