Hotel built in 2000, Last partial renovation 2008, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 216, Number of single rooms 140, Number of double rooms 76, Rooms with connecting door 2, Number of rooms with air conditioning 70, Hotel closed from 2010-12-24, to 2010-12-31, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 12:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, Station hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Airport hotel, family-run hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family hotel, Women's hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 204, Hypoallergenic rooms 0, Family rooms available 6, Children's beds/cots 6
Coventry Road, Bickenhill, B92 0EH Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Station (Birmingham - New Street Railway Station) 12.56 km
- City centre (Birmingham) 12.42 km
- Airport (Birmingham International Airport (BHX)) 2.07 km
- Highway 1.0 km
1:00 AM to 1:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
1:00 AM to 1:00 AM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
- Travelers' checks
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 6,00 GBP
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 0,00 GBP
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Security patrolled car park
- Marked disabled parking space
- Parking with charging facility for electric cars
- Coach parking space at hotel
- Restaurant(s) 2 open from 06:00.00 until 11:00.00
- Hotel bar
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Indoor pool open from 07:00.00 until 10:00.00
- Sauna Fee 0,00 GBP
- Solarium Fee 4,00 GBP
- Whirlpool Hourly rate 0,00 GBP
- Fitness room
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- Video surveillance of hallways
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Fitness centre Fee 0,00 GBP
- Door with spy-hole in 70 rooms
- Door with security lock in 216 rooms
- Breakfast from 06:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Guest room doors self closing
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Emergency back-up generators
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Hotel staff trained in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Special facilities for the disabled (visually impaired/deaf)
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Provider BT
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 9
- Cable TV
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Internet TV
- Seating area
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Coffee machine/tea-maker in 216 rooms
- Temperature controls in 70 rooms
- Individually controlled ventilation in 70 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV with international news channel
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 5,00 GBP
- Pets permitted
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Vending machine for beverages
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Changing mat for babies
- Laundry service
- Parking directly by the hotel
- Free use of the sauna
- Late check-out (until 3pm local time)
- WLAN in room
- Domestic landline phone calls
- Room service from 00:00.00 until 23:59.00
Evaluations of Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Proximity to NEC (you can walk)and value for money. Good Breakfast.
Aspects are a little tired, but certainly value for money.
I would suggest that the late evening staff are made familiar with the surroundings of the hotel. I took the decision to walk to the hotel from the airport due to road works and lack of taxis and it was clear that the hotel staff had no idea of how to get from the airport to the hotel in this way. Furthermore the next day I discovered that there was a monorail that ran from the hotel to within 300 metres of the hotel. I was disappointed that this information was not given to me. The directions from the business park were frankly misleading- it took me nearly an hour to arrive from the airport.
Great proximity to airport, good parking
Furniture in bar area could do with an update
Close to BHX airport. Sufficient space in the restaurant and bar area, as well as for the leisure facilities.
Rooms could use a bit tlc, but are still fine.
Adress details were not passed on to the hotel and it took staff a long time to get the invoice address right.
Walking distance from NEC & BHX Airport. Excellent breakfast & attentive/friendly cafe staff.
Tired & shabby condition of the room. Bath plug chain broken & plug did not fit bath tub.
Facilities more than adequate and cost ratio good. Staff very helpful.
However, a little tired in places and the bed was uncomfortable. I also had to pay a separate charge for breakfast. This was £7.50/kg for a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea. When I queried this, I was told that BASF had not booked the room on the correct code, which meant I just got the normal flexible rate.
Pleasant ambience and decent service. Room this time was one of the smaller ones but quieter than others. Bar food excellent and good price. Retaurant food excellent and OK price.
Not quite enough Gym facilities for the number of users. Wrong room was billed in the restaurant - same thing happened on last stay.
Very expensive breakfast