Hotel built in 1885, Last complete renovation 2009, Last partial renovation 2017, Number of floors 5, Total number of rooms 83, Number of single rooms 14, Number of double rooms 69, of which have 2 separate beds 42, of which have a double bed 27, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 10, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 16, Rooms with connecting door 0, Number of suites (separate rooms) 0, Number of junior suites 0, Number of apartments 0, Number of rooms with air conditioning 0, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Number of luxury rooms 0, Number of business rooms 24, Bed-and-breakfast hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, family-run hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 83, Hypoallergenic rooms 0, Family rooms available 26, Children's beds/cots 1, Extra-long (over 2m) beds in 0 rooms, DEHOGA Rating 3, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2020-02-21
Colbjörnsensgade 29, 1652 Copenhagen, Denmark
- Station (Copenhagen - Central Railway Station) 0.25 km
- City centre (Kopenhagen) 0.62 km
- Airport (Copenhagen Kastrup Airport (CPH)) 8.25 km
- Highway 0.5 km
1:00 AM to 1:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
1:00 AM to 1:00 AM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Garage is a 2-minute walk away
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Hotel bar
- Garden terrace
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Automatic emergency wake-up alarm
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Emergency exits for each floor
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 0
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone on the desk
- Room safe
- Coffee machine/tea-maker in 81 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Plan of emergency exits
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 100 DKK
- Pets permitted Fee per day 100 DKK
- Hotel safe
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Vending machine for beverages
- Express check-out
- Car rental
- Sightseeing tours
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 1 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 3 day(s)
Evaluations of Ansgar
Great location and very good buffet breakfast options.
Good Location, quiet neighborhood ( no traffic in the street due to construction work ), nice breakfast.
Poor sound insulation. Using baby carriage was difficult, because the elevators stopped half way between the floors and we had to use stairs. No air-conditioning.
Position and price vs. Value!
Dirty, small rooms, very very basic....
Very near city center. Outstanding breakfast. Helpful and nice hotel staff. We will certainly come back !!
Convenient to station, and quiet in view of the neighbourhood it was in.
Room slightly narrow - broken drawer to writing desk, though as we did not use this, it did not matter to us.
24th Oct evening is my check-in date. The receptionist is pretty rude. She is pretty impatient to give any responses and very authoritative to me. As a customer, it is not a pleasent exprience to start with. The rest of the staff are very good indeed.
We had to pay in advance! No air conditioning. Dirty windows
Strategic position near the train station and cheap price with respect to the other hotels in Copennhagen.
The hotel is located at the border of the red light district. Despite this fact, the street is quiet and safe also by night.
Reasonably priced, excellent service, friendly staff, plus a generous breakfast all make the Ansgar Hotel a great choice for the traveler looking for a good deal!
The location is a bit of a drawback - it's in an area that borders on the red-light district, so exercise the appropriate caution.