Hotel built in 1982, Last partial renovation 2012, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 56, Number of single rooms 15, Number of double rooms 41, of which have 2 separate beds 35, of which have a double bed 5, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 10, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 8, Rooms with connecting door 1, Number of apartments 3, Number of rooms with air conditioning 3, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned at weekends from 06:00, to 00:00, Reception manned from 06:00, to 00:00, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Bed-and-breakfast hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, child-friendly hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 56, Hypoallergenic rooms 1, Children's beds/cots 2, Mandarin speaking staff during the day
Karlstr. 46, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
- Station (Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof) 1.36 km
- City centre (Karlsruhe) 0.61 km
- Airport (Karlsruhe Baden-Baden Airport (FKB)) 33.99 km
- Highway (A5 - Karlsruhe-Mitte) 3.47 km
6:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
6:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal
- Secure parking
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 12,00 EUR
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Hotel bar
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Breakfast for early risers from 06:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Emergency back-up generators
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Kitchenette in 0 rooms
- Fridge in 2 rooms
- Coffee machine/tea-maker in 10 rooms
- Microwave oven in 5 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access in 56 rooms
- TV with international news channel
- Water boiler in room
- Free tea supplies in room
- Hotel safe
- Washing machine for guests
- Express check-out
- Laundry service
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Pay TV
- Pets not allowed
- Adaptor for Chinese/US plugs
Evaluations of Am Karlstor
Yes, i recommend hotel to other users.
I travelled with a colleague and we could separate the double bed into two single bed. The breakfast was very good for the low price. Fresh fruits, good choice of bread and ham/cheese.
There was no holder for towels in the bathroom and the bathroom temperature was low compared to the room. The wires are not hidden and you see them coming out of the wall to connect the TV. Nothing really annoying.
- The staff were not as professional considering the price of the hotel - the entrance to the rooms is entered on the road. That did not make me feel safe and made me feel that anyone can easily enter the hotel and break into your room. Low security - Value for money was awful - room was not cleaned during my one night stay - no fridge - no complementary cosmetic kit - very noisy as it is by the tram and trains crossing over -should be removed from bosch hotels
It was clean and the receptionist was kind
No air conditionner, too hot and noisy in the night with the delivery vans
It was very cold in the bathroom. I complained about it at the first evening but nothing happened during my stay.
Brekfast, location, staff friendliness.
Noisy room, broken bathtub, very narrow parking place.
Very convenient location.
The amount of light on the desk was marginal. The bass component of music from nearby rooms was sometimes annoying during the late afternoon.
At least the food was good
Too much noise from workers at 8am and 2pm (hammer drill noise) HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE INTO A HOTEL???
Employees were helpfull
My room was on the front of the building and that costed me 1 or 2hrs of sleep because of the tram. And I payed 2 different rates for the room, don't know if I was supposed to move during the stay... or because of other reasons the room was during these days just more expensive...