Hotel built in 2012, Number of floors 7, Total number of rooms 72, Number of single rooms 0, Number of double rooms 55, of which have 2 separate beds 50, of which have a double bed 5, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 12, Number of junior suites 5, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 12:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Hotel, Airport hotel, No-smoking room 72
Blikavöllur 2, 235 Keflavík, Iceland
- City centre (Keflavík) 3.77 km
- Airport (Keflavik International Airport (KEF)) 0.4 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 0 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Marked disabled parking space
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 17:00.00 until 23:00.00
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Breakfast from 05:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in guest rooms
- Audible smoke alarms in guest room
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Guest room doors self closing
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 2
- Satellite TV
- Telephone on the desk
- Iron + ironing board in 0 rooms
- Ice machine
- Shoe-polishing service
- Parking directly by the hotel
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 2 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 2 day(s)
Evaluations of Airporthotel Aurora Star
Location is very convenient for international travelers. The hotel facility is good and clean. I like this hotel.
Close to the airport.
It was like sleeping in an ashtray, the smell was really awful... and it was a no-smoking room... Add the noise of planes, cars and people outside... Terrible
The breakfast was very disappointing. And also the dinner in the restaurant was too expensive for the quality
Convenient, clean and a comfortable bed.
The meal I had in the restaurant was not good and the service was also not good. I ordered a greek salad that was mostly dry lettuce, 4 olives, 4 pieces of tomato, no bel peppers, and a couple of chunks of cucumber. There was not salad dressing of any description and when I asked for oil and vinegar, I was brought a balsamic glaze that you would baste meat with!
Low pressure in the shower
The only plus point is the location to airport
I was given a genuine welcome by all of the staff. They answered my questions, even when they were busy. The hotel is right next to the airport, and I would highly recommend staying there the night before an early flight.
The hotel exceeded my expectations. There was a small incident of a child having a panic attack, and a lot of stomping around in the room next to me, but after that, things quieted down. It is very peaceful there, even if next to an airport.
The hotel was perfect for a stopover, being so close to the terminal it was just a short walk at 0430 to catch my flight.
Excellent location at KEF. Nice and quiet. All that you needs really!
Zimmer (vor allem Badezimmer) hat eine angenehme Grösse und ist sauber. Von den Flugzeugen hört man fast nichts. Aber wenn man frühmorgens abfliegt, hat man ja gar keine andere Wahl als dieses Hotel....
Das Essen (inkl. Frühstück) war nicht so toll. Wenn irgend möglich, noch in der Stadt etwas essen und dann erst ins Hotel. Und zum Frühstück hatten wir keinen Platz wegen grossen Reisegruppen.