Style of hotel and ambience
You can expect personal service and a cosy atmosphere at Acanthus Hotel München. Look forward to lovingly individually designed rooms, which exude historic English and French charm. After a good night’s sleep, be pampered with a well-balanced breakfast and enjoy the evening with a drink in the bar.
Special features of the hotel
Hotel bar open day and night. Public car parking 250 meters from the hotel.
Hotel built in 1972, Last complete renovation 1989, Last partial renovation 2014, Number of floors 6, Total number of rooms 36, Number of single rooms 12, Number of double rooms 24, of which have 2 separate beds 19, of which have a double bed 5, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 5, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 1, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 13:00, Latest check-out 11:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Bed-and-breakfast hotel, City hotel, family-run hotel, Women's hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 34, Family rooms available 1, Children's beds/cots 2
An der Hauptfeuerwache 14, 80331 Munich, Germany
- Station (München Hauptbahnhof) 1.31 km
- City centre (München) 0.67 km
- Airport (Munich International Airport (MUC)) 29.34 km
- Highway (A96 - München-Sendling) 3.9 km
Situated on the outskirts of Munich's Old Town, this hotel is just a few steps away from the underground and tram stop Sendlinger Tor. Along the Sendlinger Straße street, you will find a wide range of shops and can get to the central Marienplatz square from there, where even more shopping opportunities await shoppers.
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
- Travelers' checks
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0,00 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 4-minute walk away
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 15,00 EUR
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Hotel bar
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0,00 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- WLAN operator Teldat
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:30 o'clock
- Breakfast for early risers from 03:00 o'clock to 06:30 o'clock
- Wholefood available
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in hallways
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0,00 EUR Provider Teldat
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV with international news channel
- Additional seating option in bathroom
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 15,00 EUR
- Pets permitted Fee per day 15,00 EUR
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Ice machine
- Free daily newspapers
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 1 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 2 day(s)
Evaluations of Acanthus
The staff at the hotel were most welcoming and friendly.
The decor of this hotel is very dated and the noise from Sendlinger Tor is a bit loud but it does settle down and does not interupt sleep.
Only location was good nothing else. Hotel room is old, smelly and noisy.
Male Receptionist on Sunday morning was not friendly and not helpful at all.
Occasional smell of smoking.
Neue Matratzen Klima da es mit offenen Fenster zu laut ist
Sehr gute Matratzenqualität
Buona posizione dal centro e personale cordiale
Great location for walking into the historic downtown portion of Munich. Friendly staff and a delicious breakfast.
Parking in their onsite garage takes an experienced driver and a spotter. The elevator works great but is probably the smallest elevator I have ever experienced in Europe. WiFi was spotty at best.
Being close to the city center.
Room was small, noise was present all night from th street nearby and no breakfast included.
The room was spacious. We had a regular room with queen size bed. The locaion of the hotel is also great. Its a bout a 10minute (brisk) walk from the marienplatz.
When we checked in the receptionist was extremely sarcastic and unfriendly. Luckily they had different receptionists everyday so we had to deal with the aweful receptionist only once. The condition of the shower spoke of the age of the hotel. Bring shampoo and soap to this hotel since they only provide two sachets of shampoo/shower gel which is the size of a mc donald's ketchup sachet.
Antique Furniture in my room
I didn't like the concierge