Hotel description Best Western Wroxton House HotelBEST WESTERN PLUS Wroxton House Hotel has recently been lovingly and sympathetically refurbished and evidence of this can been seen on our website. The hotel reflects the typical character of Wroxton, with its Cotswold stone walls and thatched roof, affording the luxury of a tranquil and peaceful environment for the corporate and leisure traveler. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Wroxton House Hotel is situated only three miles from Junction 11 off the M40 and five minutes from the center of Banbury. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Wroxton House Hotel has 32 welcoming bedrooms ranging from traditional in the original house or contemporary in the new wing, all designed with touches of luxury and attention to detail. There are two dedicated event rooms available, both with natural daylight and complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access. Ample complimentary car parking is also onsite. The hotel has an inevitable reputation for excellent food and our award-winning Restaurant 1649 offers a distinctive, contemporary menu in relaxed surroundings. Lighter bites are also available from our lounge menu, in front of the log burning stove in winter or on the terrace in summer. So don't wait too long, book a stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Wroxton House Hotel today.
Further information on the hotel
Pets not accepted, Guide dogs only
Number of floors:2
Like this hotel?
Then save it in your bookmarks.
Wroxton Street Mary, OX15 6QB Banbury, United Kingdom
To reach the hotel
Starting point:·From: 422. The BEST WESTERN Wroxton House Hotel is on A422 at Stratford Road just outside Banbury M40, J11 and Birmingham Airport is only 36 miles away. M1J17 is 19 miles.
Point of interest/Attraction
- 2.00 mile(s) from Upton House, a National Trust property since 1948. Previously owned by the founder of the Shell Oil Company.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Broughton Castle, a medieval manor house besieged by the Royalists in the English Civil War later transformed into a Tudor mansion, surrounded by a wide moat and parkland. The backdrop for many famous films and still home to the descendants of the Fiennes family.
- 3.00 mile(s) from National Herb Centre, discover the extensive herb collection, the beautiful nature trails and astonishing views. Learn about the culinary, medicinal and aromatic uses of the many herbs and unusual plant varieties. Several art and exhibitions are held during the year.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Heritage Motor Centre, located at Gaydon and housing a collection of important vehicles celebrating Britain's motoring heritage. Host to many motoring events throughout the year.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Royal Leamington Spa, a historic Regency spa town. In 1814 the Royal Pump Rooms and Baths were opened and can still be visited today. Enjoy the beautiful park with spectacular water fountains, boutique style shopping and excellent dining opportunities.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Cotswolds, an area of outstanding countryside with sleepy ancient limestone villages and historic market towns. The most popular being Chipping Campden, Moreton in Marsh, Stow on the Wold, Broadway and Bourton on the Water. Home to many National Trust properties.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Sulgrave Manor, the ancestral home of George Washington and now owned by the British and American people. Enjoy small, intimate and educational tours of the house and explore the wonderful gardens.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Stratford upon Avon Racecourse
- 15.00 mile(s) from Stratford upon Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare and the Home of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- 20.00 mile(s) from Blenheim Palace, the birthplace of Winston Churchill and a gift from Queen Anne to the first Duke of Marlborough. Take a guided tour of the rich history of the Palace State Rooms followed by a stroll around the 'Capability Brown' landscaped park and formal gardens.
- 20.00 mile(s) from Warwick Race Course
- 20.00 mile(s) from Warwick Castle, built by William the Conquerer in 1068, it's considered to be the finest medieval castle in England. Set on the River Avon, it now hosts many special events, outdoor concerts and a schedule of daily activities.
- 21.00 mile(s) from Silverstone Race Circuit, recognized around the world as one of the top motorsport venues.
- 21.00 mile(s) from Hidcote Gardens, Hidcote Manor's incredible garden created in the 1920s by Lawrence Johnston is a masterpiece of art.
- 25.00 mile(s) from Oxford United Football Club
- 25.00 mile(s) from Towcester Race Course
- 28.00 mile(s) from Waddesdon Manor, a French renaissance Chateau built by Baron de Rothschild in 1870 to house his superb art collection. They have an extensive all year round events programme and superb gardens, aviary and woodland playground.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Banbury Town Centre, Set on the Oxford Canal and home to the 'Fine Lady' of the nursery rhyme fame Banbury was the strategic base for Oliver Cromwell during the Civil War. A significant commercial and retail center. Banbury Museum and Tooley's Boatyard are worth a visit.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Bicester Designer Outlet, An excellent out of town designer shopping experience. Home to Ralph Lauren, Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen, Mulberry, Burberry, Tods, LK Bennett, Jigsaw, The White Company and many more. A full day out.
- Restaurant '1649', on premises, full service, International, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Character Restaurant dating in parts to 1649 with original features and a large Inglenook fireplace.
Accepted credit card payments