Hotel description Best Western The Rose And Crown ColchThe oldest Hotel in England’s oldest recorded town. The BEST WESTERN Rose and Crown Hotel, originally a 14th century posting house, lovingly restored to a modern day hotel. Nine executive rooms featuring flat screen LCD televisions, air-conditioning, laptop charging safes and premium quality fixtures and furnishings. Alternatively, choose from the historic oak beamed rooms in the original house, or the more contemporary rooms in the main building. All rooms have an entertainment system and either Wi-Fi or Internet data port. The Oak room restaurant has been recently refurbished and offers a contemporary setting and great casual dining, a favorite with the locals and guests alike. Have a pre-dinner drink in either the hotel lounge or enjoy the Tudor Bar/Brasserie with its more traditional foods and ales. The hotel is within walking distance of Colchester Town centre (15 minutes) and accessible to all the historic sights of East Anglia. The BEST WESTERN Rose & Crown in Colchester was awarded Best Small Hotel in Essex.
Further information on the hotel
No pets allowed Guide and hearing dogs only
Number of floors:2
Like this hotel?
Then save it in your bookmarks.
East Street, CO1 2TZ Colchester, United Kingdom
To reach the hotel
Starting point:·From: Motorway M25. Take M25 J28, A12 Exit A133 Colchester, Follow signs for University and Roller World. BEST WESTERN The Rose Crown Colch is opposite of Roller World.
- free parking
- reception open day and night
- air conditioning
- laundry service
Point of interest/Attraction
- 0.10 mile(s) from Rollerworld, Exciting Maple rollerlink and Quaser
- 0.50 mile(s) from Colchester Castle & Park, Historic building and museum surrounding park
- 0.50 mile(s) from Natural History Museum
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Mercury Theatre
- 2.00 mile(s) from University of Essex
- 5.00 mile(s) from Colchester Zoo
- 5.00 mile(s) from Layer Marney Tower, The tallest Tudor gatehouse, including children's petting area for farmyard animals
- 5.00 mile(s) from Dedham & Constable Countr, Beautiful landscapes where John Carpenter painted
- 5.00 mile(s) from Beth Chatto Gardens, Growers of unusal and planting schemes
- 10.00 mile(s) from Colne Valley Steam Museum, Family museum featuring special days with Thomas The Tank Engine
- Oak Room, on premises, Full Service, International, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Contemporary Casual Dining Lunch: 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Sunday to Saturday. Dinner: 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday. Closed Sunday evenings. Last orders 15 mins before closing.
- Tudor Bar Brasserie, on premises, Brasserie, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
- Character..................Steeped in History, The Tudor Bar / Brasserie is in the oldest part of the building. Oak beamed walls and a glorious log fire at the centre, create a warm and friendly atmosphere. The Brasserie is informal, and the cuisine would be described as traditional with a modern twist.
- The recently refurbished East St Grill offers casual dining in a comtempory setting and is popular with guests and locals alike. Serving fresh, great tasting, well presented food at reasonable prices and a wine list that offers great value using a low flat mark up on all wines.
Accepted credit card payments