Hotel description Best Western Swan HotelIn the shadow of Wells Cathedral, the 15th Century BEST WESTERN PLUS Swan Hotel is a history-rich and character-full place to stay. Over 600 years of charm have been crammed into this wonderful accommodation, which is close to the moated Bishops Palace too! Some rooms boast original four poster beds, and we're fortunate to have a front garden with both a Cathedral view and a wonderful walled Garden Cafe! The award-winning restaurant here offers a combination of traditional and contemporary cuisine. For exceptional excursions, look no further than a trip to Glastonbury Wookey Hole Caves, Clarks shopping village, Stourhead and many other National Trust properties! Please note hotel does not have a lift however ground floor rooms and porterage is available. Car parking is on a first come first served basis.
Further information on the hotel
No pets allowed -Guide and hearing dogs only
Number of floors:3
Like this hotel?
Then save it in your bookmarks.
Sadler Street, BA5 2RR Wells, United Kingdom
To reach the hotel
·From: From: A39. The BEST WESTERN Swan Hotel is on A39 facing the west front of the Wells Cathedral in the city center. From M4 Junction 18 it is 19 miles; M5 Junction 23 is 21 miles.
- Free parking
Point of interest/Attraction
- 0.10 mile(s) from Bishops Palace, home to the Bishops of Bath and Wells for 800 years this stunning medieval palace is open for all to enjoy with 14 acres of gardens to explore.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Wells Cathedral, the present cathedral was begun about 1175. Bishop Reginald de Bohun brought the idea of a revolutionary architectural style from France, and Wells was the first English cathedral to be built entirely in this new Gothic style.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Vicars Close, museum
- 9.00 mile(s) from Clarks Village
- 10.00 mile(s) from Cheddar Gorge and Caves, discover the breathtaking splendour of Britain's most beautiful stalactite cavern where Cheddar Man, Britain's oldest skeleton, was found. Audio guides bring the cave to life for kids and adults, telling the fascinating story of its Ice Age creation, Stone Age occupation and Victorian exploration.
- 20.00 mile(s) from Longleat
- 20.00 mile(s) from S.S. Great Britain-Bristo, historic ship
- 20.00 mile(s) from Forde Abbey and Gardens, wonderful gardens dating from 1650
- 20.00 mile(s) from Cricket St. Thomas, popular theme park
- 25.00 mile(s) from Fleet Air Arm Museum
- 45.00 mile(s) from Stonehenge, prehistoric stone circle
- 0.10 mile(s) from Wells Town Centre
- 6.00 mile(s) from Clarks Shopping Village
- Hotel Restaurant, on premises, Full Service, International, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Modern and traditional British cooking
- Garden Room, on premises, Full Service, Continental, open for: lunch, Modern and traditional British cooking
Accepted credit card payments