Hotel description Best Western Monkbar HotelRight at the heart of York, with parking for residents, the BEST WESTERN Monkbar Hotel is the ideal choice for exploring this historic and vibrant city. The hotel is just five minutes from the city walls, York Minster and the Shambles. This is a city for exploring, where centuries of history combine with modern day elegance. You can shop until you drop, relax and enjoy a quality experience. Our award winning hotel has individual bedrooms, a welcoming lounge and courtyard garden, and a friendly bar and restaurant.
Further information on the hotel
Pets allowed with restrictions, well behaved cats and dogs welcome!
Number of floors:3
Like this hotel?
Then save it in your bookmarks.
St Maurices Road, YO31 7JA York, United Kingdom
To reach the hotel
Starting point:·From: Road A64. Follow inner ring road from A64 to city walls. The BEST WESTERN Monkbar Hotel is at junction of Monkgate and St Maurices Road.
- laundry service
Point of interest/Attraction
- 0.5 mile(s) from York Minster, magnificient Medieval cathedral with 128 stained glass windows
- 1 mile(s) from Jorvik Viking Center, encounter the Vikings of Jorvik - discover what life was like here 1,000 years ago and journey through a reconstruction of Viking age streets!
- 2 mile(s) from National Railway Museum, Finest railway museum in Europe housing the famous Bullet train and recent acquisition of The Flying Scotsman! Admission is free!
- 8 mile(s) from Castle Howard, this magnificient 18th Century house with extensive collections and breathtaking grounds featuring temples, lakes and fountains. Setting for Brideshead Revisited.
- Cloisters Restaurant, on premises, Full Service, International, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Modern European cuisine.
Accepted credit card payments