Hotel description Best Western Lion HotelOne landmark that has dominated Worksop since the 16th century is the BEST WESTERN Lion Hotel, a former coaching inn that has been serving the public for over 400 years. All 45 bedrooms are well appointed with a choice of double, king size, twin, executive or family suites. A choice of dining is available, be it a light meal in the Lounge Bar taken throughout the day or evening, or a more extensive dining menu as offered in the 50-seat restaurant.
The well-equipped Ostlers function suite offers flexibility to the conference and function organizer alike, whether it is banqueting for up to 140 or theatre seating for up to 180. The BEST WESTERN Lion Hotel holds a civil wedding license and is a very popular marriage venue.
Located in the center of Worksop, the BEST WESTERN Lion Hotel is on the doorsteps of Clumber Park a National Trust and the beautiful Sherwood Forest. Worksop is surrounded by golf courses within a 15-minute drive and is networked by the M1, A1 and A57 link road.
Further information on the hotel
Pets allowed with restrictions, 10 GBP per pet.
Number of floors:3
Like this hotel?
Then save it in your bookmarks.
112 Bridge Street, S80 1HT Worksop, United Kingdom
To reach the hotel
Starting point:·From: Motorway M1. Take Exit 31, follow to A57. The BEST WESTERN Lion Hotel is south of the town center opposite the town hall.
Point of interest/Attraction
- .5 mile(s) from Priory Church, local church
- 1 mile(s) from Mr. Straw's House, a time capsule of life in the 1920's. National Trust, pre-booking required
- 3 mile(s) from Clumber park, historic parkland cared for by the National Trust
- 5 mile(s) from Creswell Crags, Limestone gorge with Ice Age Hunters caves and lake
- 5 mile(s) from Creswell Crags Museum
- 7 mile(s) from Sherwood Forest Country Park and Visitor Center, legendary home of the world's most famous outlaw and the mighty Major Oak. The visitor center houses exhibitions
- 8 mile(s) from Hodsock Priory Showdrop Garden
- 15 mile(s) from Meadowhall, an indoor shopping and entertainment complex
- 15 mile(s) from Newark Air Museum
- 15 mile(s) from Go Ape Highwire Forest Adventure
- 15 mile(s) from Southwell Minster
- 20 mile(s) from Museum of Popular Music, opened in 1999
- 20 mile(s) from Peak District
- 20 mile(s) from D. H. Lawrence Heritage
- 20 mile(s) from Ponds Forge, international swimming facilities
- 22 mile(s) from Kelham Island Industrial Museum, of the local steel industry
- 24 mile(s) from Sheffield Dry Ski Slope, skiing and snowboarding without the snow
- 25 mile(s) from The Lace Centre
- 28 mile(s) from Nottingham Caves, a secret world beneath the streets of Nottingham
- 30 mile(s) from Peak District, with its dramatic scenery, walks and famous Blue John Caverns
- 108, on premises, full service, International, open for: breakfast, dinner
- Restaurant @ 114, on premises, full service, International, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, informal dining. Open Monday to Friday from 06:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 08:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Accepted credit card payments